Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The joys of pets


Last night as I watched the many rescues, I realized many of the things they do that I enjoy and makes me happy. I love watching the guinea pigs and rabbits, as I see a piece of hay disappear into their mouths, and they reach for another strand and that one slowly disappears into their mouth also. I love how the fish follow me around eagerly waiting for me to drop in some food. I love how the rats and ferrets poke their heads our of their hammocks or tubes when they hear me approaching. And last night I was watching Fagen, our head tilted rabbit, in his pen. He was hopping from toy to toy, and he tested and playing with each one, he nosed one and pushed it around, he grabbed a hold of the other and flung it in the air. He then dug inside his food bowl with his front paws, then proceeded to a pile of hay where he started munching away. Fagen looks really different, but he is a normal bunny in so many ways.

No comments: