Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nizzle

I know I haven't posted in a while. I do need to catch up on the many adoptions , surrenders and even birth of babies.
What I want to write about first in this entry is about Nizzle the ferret. I am not sure if everyone remembers the female ferret, Nizzle, that arrived with adrenal disease. She had a tumor on her right adrenal gland. We fund raised for her , and many wonderful people contributed for her surgery. She went in for surgery to have that tumor removed. But sadly, what was found was grave. The tumor was incredibly large and could not be removed. Also given the size of the tumor and how quickly it grew, Dr.T was certain it was cancerous. Just this weekend , Nizzle fell very ill. She was rushed to All Creatures Animal Hospital, because Dr.T wasn't in on Saturday. A large tumor was found on her stomach, her cancer had spread. Nizzle passed away on Sunday :( Her foster Mom misses her so much. Loosing such a special companion is very difficult.
I want to thank everyone who donated and chipped in for Nizzle's surgery. I truly wish the outcome would have been much better for her. If only the entire tumor could have been removed. She did enjoy a few more months of love and comfort with her foster Mom.

No comments: