Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Buddy, Pablo and Earl

I haven't updated about Buddy because I've been sad about loosing him. We lost him last Tuesday morning. He had heart disease that must have surfaced while he was under anesthesia. Dr.t prescribed Lasix for him, and either it was too late to begin the treatment or it just didn't help...we lost Buddy in less than 12 hours from his first dose. I really wish we could have helped him. I was positive he would recover and feel great not long after his surgery. My mind and heart was not ready to loose him. I miss him.
Pablo the guinea pig was adopted. He has a wonderful home now. He is loved and gets a lot of cuddle time. Pablo arrived with Pedro the guinea pig, and unfortunately , I had to separate the boys. Pedro was getting very dominant and chasing Pablo around. I didn't realize that Pedro had nipped Pablo a couple times. Pablo's new Dad says the nip areas do look well healed, and Pablo should be fine. I hate to think of another piggie in distress or pain.
We do have a new arrival. His name is Earl , and he is a red eared slider turtle. He was found outside and brought to us by a concerned person that was unable to keep him. So far, he has been very active and has a healthy appetite. We will have him checked by the vet before he is adoptable.
Florence the angora rabbit is now in foster care along with Sofia and Marylin. Florence had 6 babies. Sadly the runt of the litter, named Cinnamon by foster Mom and Dad, didn't make it :( All her other babies are strong and growing by leaps and bounds.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry about Buddy. =(