Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sadness Over Cadet


I have sad news about Cadet the soft furred rat. The swollen area on his face has not gone down at all. I talked to Dr.T and as he feared, there is actually a tumurous process going on. The abscess and infection was only secondary to the tumor growth. Given the location of the tumor, it is on his face and mouth, removal is not possible. .
Both Dr.T and I agree that in order to end Cadet's suffering and stop it before his suffering worsens , euthanisia is the kindest thing we can do for him. We gave all we could and did all we could to make him better, it seems so unfair in the end , it is untreatable.. and Cadet will be lost. I hate making this decision and saying good bye. I never truly know if it is the right thing to do and I second guess myself. I know Dr.T did all he could and he would only recommend it if it was the best thing for Cadet. It still isn't easy.
This is a picture of Cadet before the tumor, abscess and infection.

No comments: