Saturday, June 7, 2008

Calming Down


I'm thinking more clearly now. And I know I really don't have a reason to be upset or worried over the e-mails I have been getting about us being fake and killing animals. Surely these people know nothing at all about me or the group of people that are associated with Life Long Tails.. Not to mention the local community, members, foster families and people who help us with their whole hearts. We treasure each and every individual animal that arrives to us or in foster homes, they get loads of attention, toys, food, etc. They get the best they can until the day arrives when they go home. It is wrong to speak so negatively about anyone without knowing them. I guess it was the vehement threats to shut us down and take away all the animals that really got to me. All I can thank or ask is, why would anyone want to do that? The pets arrive here for any number of reasons ( owner moving, allergic, unwanted litter of babies) No one is put to sleep ( only seriously ill and suffering pets that our vet recommends euthanasia to stop the suffering) they are all adopted, and even if they happen to not find a home, this is their home. I feel some people had too much time on their hands and felt the need to stir up trouble by e-mailing us such awful stuff. I feel I need to let that go now, and focus the rest of myself and energies on the animals themselves, they are what this is all about and I am not in this to argue and defend myself.
For everyone, here is a picture of Sebastian. One of the males from the abandoned group of guinea pigs. He was treated with Revolution for mites and Lice and he is now in a foster home where he is being socialized and catered too :) He is now adoptable.

No comments: