Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phineas

I have great news about Phineas the guinea pig. A quick run down- he was from the 50 guinea pigs that were abandoned. His back legs were splayed out to the side and he could barely even walk. Dr.T saw him last week and told me it is more than likely a vitamin C deficiency and the worst case of Scurvy he had ever seen. Now fast forward to today, Phineas's back legs are not splayed at all anymore, they are underneath his body the way they should be. And he can walk and run fast now! There is no evidence of his prior difficulties except for a slight hop to his back legs while he walks, I have a feeling this will also improve and go away. He appeared to be a bit depressed when he lacked mobility before, now he is a happy go lucky piggy that can go anywhere and everywhere he wants to go :) I am so excited and happy for Phineas. All he needed was good quality foods, vitamin C rich veggies like kale, parsley and red peppers and daily vitamin C tablets. Not to mention a foster Mom (me) and foster Dad (Ray) to dote on him and love him. He'll be adoptable soon, and I can't say I won't be sad to see him leave our lives. But I will also be happy over his outcome and success, he will truly overcome his past and have a new, fresh, happy life.

No comments: