Friday, February 6, 2009

New Arrivals and Adoption Pendings

Great news about Samantha the rat! She has completely healed from her tumor removal. She looks better than ever :) I will be placing her on Petfinder soon along with her best friend, Molly. She is ready for adoption. Tomorrow I will work on taking some cute photos of her.
We have 6 new arrivals. We have 2 female Robo hamsters. The female was unknowingly pregnant , her sons found homes, but herself and her daughter did not. So now we have Mom hamster and her daughter, we will find them a loving home. I have named Mom, Jalepeno, and her daughter is, Chile. We also have 4 new rabbits. They were also part of an unexpected litter, they were born in early September. They have an appointment on Monday to find out for sure who is male and female ( since I am not an expert at sexing younger rabbits yet, but I am getting there) once I know they will be separated accordingly, named and then spayed/neutered. Since they have been together and they are about 5 months old, any females may already be pregnant. These females will be on pregnancy watch before they are adoptable or are spayed. I will update soon on who is a girl and boy, what I name them and with pictures too.
Many of our adoptable pets are now adoption pending! They have new owners who are approved to adopt them and will be picking them up soon to take them home :) Mini the turtle and Babette and Penelope the guinea pigs are going home tomorrow. Gemini and Whisper the rabbits, Star, Maynard, Buzz , Fuzz and Cory the guinea pigs will be going home around Valentine's Day. I am very excited about their new homes. I am overjoyed that so many people are choosing to adopt, it is heartwarming to all of us that are part of Life Long Tails.

No comments: