Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Name Yet

I still haven't come up with a name for the third female rabbit. If it is this difficult to come up with a name for her, how will I possibly name 12 baby rabbits? Also, my fears seem to be coming to the surface, that third female is showing signs of being pregnant as well. She is filling out and performing nesting behavior. Unless it is a false pregnancy. Highly unlikely since she was not separated from the males. I took in 4 rabbits since that was our limit. Turns out the rabbits were sexually mature and not separated, the four rabbits were one male and 4 females. And all females are (were) already pregnant. Whew! I know we will need help with fostering and donations. We do not have the funds to get over 16 rabbits spayed/neutered right now, not all clumped together in a short period of time. But these bunnies will need to be fixed ASAP as soon as they are ready. It is a worry for me right now. But presently I just need to make sure the adults and babies are healthy , happy and cared for. Connor ( the one male) is the only one ready to be neutered right now, he will be getting the procedure on Monday. Then he will be adoptable and we home to find him a home, hopefully by the time the babies are big enough and mature enough to be separated from each other, since we will need all the space we have for them. You know what? It all works out in the end. We manage , we get lots of wonderful help and the little ones find great homes. As much as I worry about these things, we get through it, and the outcome is happy :)

No comments: