Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chewy


I will be going to the vet today with two guinea pigs.

One is our own guinea pig, his name is Chewy and we have had him for about two years now. He has a slight neurological disorder. He has had a very round, hard, plump belly. Which to me seems great, but I have noticed that th rest of him ( his shoulder area, ribs, hip bones) seem to be getting thinner and bonier while his belly stays very plump. this is setting off alarms in me that something is very wrong with him. He also hasn't been as active in his cage these past couple of days, I am very concerned about him.

Also going in is a guinea pig that was surrendered to us on Friday, his name is Wilbur. Wilbur has bald patches and scabbing. He is doing a lot of biting, chewing at himself and scratching. My suspicions is mites but I'll leave the diagnostics to Dr.Fijas. Of course Chewy will be in a seperate carrier from Wilbur and will not ome into contact with each other, so there won't be any contamination.

I am hoping that both of them are treatable and will get better real soon. Please think of Chewy and Wilbur. I will update about them after the appointment.

And I will leave a picture of Chewy for everyone to see.

No comments: