Tuesday, March 27, 2007

new bunnies




So far, Sweetie the rabbit has not had her babies. She has gained quite a bit of weight, her belly is nice and round. I've added an a enclosed (covered) cat litter box in her cage that she can go inside of and feel secure enough to have her babies. Here's a nice picture of her lounging in her cage, look at that belly:)


We also have a new arrival, a female dutch rabbit. She was given up by her owner because the landlord would not allow her. She is around six months old and is a spunky girl with a sweet personality. We are working on litter training and also thinking of a good name for her.

I have started a 10 gallon saltwater fish tank, small tanks like this are normally called Nanos. I plan on only having one or two small fish that are alright in a small aquarium, some hermit crabs and shrimp, probably a couple snails too. I am hoping to learn a lot about saltwater tanks and care, I already have with the research and reading I have done so far. I already have crushed coral and the saltwater mixed. I have ordered a small protein skimmer for nano tanks. And I am planning on getting the fish and invertebrates from liveaquaria.com. I hope this will be a success, I really will enjoy a saltwater tank. I know I'll soon desire a larger tank just like I did with freshwater, We (husband) now have a 75 gallon tank that started out as a 20 gallon. With such a small tank and no quarantine (extra tanks) we still won't be able to rescue any saltwater fish. We do still have an extra 30 gallon tank for freshwater rescuing, but it is occupied by the three goldfish that were found in a bucket outside in February. Those goldfish are still up for adoption.

I'll leave a cute picture of Calvin the rabbit in his wicker basket.



No comments: