Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Blaze and Stanley


The past couple of days I haven't been feeling good. I have been cleaning cages but not as much as usual. Not to worry though , I always make sure everyone has plentiful food and water no matter how I feel. I even called off of work today , I feel so Blah.. And I didn't call back anyone who left a message on the machine today , I apoligize to anyone who may have called today, I was sleeping, a lot. I will call back everyone tomorrow , I promise. I hopefully will also feel up to catching up on cage cleaning.

On a very sad note, Stanley the hamster passed away tonight. He fought the good fight, but the abscess and infection were just too much for his little body. Despite draining the abscess and antibiotics the infection never went away. I really did love that little guy and he will be sorely missed.

Yesterday, Blaze the guinea pig was adopted. He now is part of a family with kids that adore animals. His new Momma absolutely loves him and was whispering sweetness into his ear as she left to take him home. I couldn't be happier with Blaze's new home and I am sure he will be a one spoiled rotten pig. Here is a picture of him snuggling with us on the couch and in the covers.

I am going back to sleep now, good night everyone.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Rachel, I hope you get to feeling better soon. As long as all the critters have food and water, cleaning can wait. I'm happy Blaze found a loving home, and I'm sorry about Stanley.