Friday, March 20, 2009

My Motivation and Inspiration

Since I haven't been feeling well, I've been feeling guilty about not caring for the pets as much as I normally do. Ray even helped me clean rabbit and guinea pig cages a couple days ago. With feeling mopey and no energy , I have been laying around and ignoring them... not intentionally, just can't manage it right now. I am a bit better today, so I have been lavishing treats and attention on them while I am getting back to routine cage cleaning. Still, I can't help but feel down in the dumps about the days I wasn't completely there for them. Then I received an e-mail from Jana, Cooper's new Mom, and what she wrote to me, Ray and our organization brightened my whole day. I asked her permission to post her inspiration and she was happy to share. It nearly made me cry happy tears all over -
"Hi, this is Jana - a few days ago I adopted Cooper. I just wanted to write and let you know Cooper is adjusting so well to his new home! He's very relaxed and he seems to absolutely love his new huge cage. We've already bonded quite a bit, and he's even met some of his new animal companions. I can really tell you cared very well for him when he was with you, and I wanted to thank you for allowing me to adopt him and for doing all the fantastic work you and your husband do. I've fostered quite a few animals over the years and volunteered a lot helping animals find homes, and eventually I would really like to do what you and Ray do. I know it sounds corny, but you're an inspiration to those of us who look to help abandoned animals live out the rest of their days in new homes with lots of love. Thanks again and great work!"
Thank you Jana! I cannot stress how much it means to me when we receive such glowing words from people, and also show enthusiastic support. It means the World to me and all the rescue animals. THANK YOU :)

No comments: