Monday, May 18, 2009

Boggle

Boggle the Campbell's dwarf hamster passed away yesterday. He was over a year and a half old. He went through tumor removal surgery a few months back. A Tumor had appeared underneath, by his armpit. It grew large , fast. With the advice from our vet we decided to remove the tumor before it became too large and his quality of life would be poor. It was a risky decision given his age and how large the area was. But Boggle went through it like a Champ, he recovered and healed completely. He went on to run in laps and in his wheel. He didn't show any signs of feeling ill or suffering before passing. In fact , he was running around like he normally did. In the morning I found him lying on his blanket, as if he just dropped. I hope very much he didn't feel anything. I feel bad, I didn't know that was his last night with us, I would have stayed up with him. I don't think Boggle even knew, maybe it is better off that way, for his sake,

No comments: