Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the fish are now home


About three months ago we took in 3 goldfish that were left in a bucket ( in freezing winter weather) outside a retail store. The employees informed me that there were already dead fish in the bucket that they nicely already removed from the bucket before I arrived. There were three survivors, 2 black moors and a shubunkin. I had a 30 to 40 gallon pentagon tank already running and established ready for their arrival ( this tank is reserved for any rescues). The black moors had some health problems over the coarse 0f these months but in the end they helaed up nicely and became very vibrant, the shubunkin was the healthiest from day one. I imagine their ordeal outside in the bucket caused some illness in them. I was so afriad I was about to loose them but then they suprised me and bounced back, what strong fish they are.

Now, for the happy part, they have been adopted. Jennifer who has loads of experience with goldfish adopted them on Sunday. The sad part was placing them in a bucket to go home in. We reassured them that it was only for a short period of time and they won't be left outside. Their trip in the bucket took them to their forever home. I'll also be meeting Jennifer's two daughters sometime soon, they are fellow animal lovers.

No comments: