Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Flu, an adoption, and many new arrivals


I have been quite sick all week since late on Sunday evening. It all started with body aches all over, then a sore throat, chest pressure, etc. I didn't go into work on Monday and Tuesday, I didn't even feel like leaving the bed. Now it is Thursday and it is mostly in my head, head pressure, pressure in my ears, sneezing, congestion.. Blah. And to top it off one of my filling fell out on a molar tooth and it exposed a sharp edge that has cut into my tongue , ow! And the dentist was off today. This has not been a great week for me. I have been taking lots of fluids and vitamin C, I hope so much this passes really soon.

Especially since we have a road trip planned for Pennsylvania on Saturday. On our way there we are stopping mid-way for someone who wants to adopt Pip the hamster and her neighbor who would like to adopt Rudolph and Ginger Bread. Then on to Allentown PA, where we will meet with Mario and Luigi the sugar glider's new owners. It will be a big adoption event! We will have a car full with gliders, rats and a hamster, but what a happy event it will be. Ray and I won't be able to do this very often, since he only has off of work on weekends and I normally do work on the weekend, this is a rare thing for us. I wish we could transport adoptables more often. Adoptions have been going well anyway, without transport and many times new owners are willing to travel. Ray and I just love that this worked out, and that a couple more adoptions have come up along the way. We will be staying at a bed and breakfast overnight and head back home on Sunday. our plans of staying at the Poconos didn't work out, we were unable to book a one night stay.

I am behind on posting due to this awful cold or flu or whatever it is. Last week Bling the hamster hamster was adopted, I will add a picture of the adorable little guy. We also have many new arrivals. We have 9 very gorgeous and stunning female guinea pigs. Their owner devleoped such severe allergies that she was led to giving them up, the timothy hay that they eat caused asthma attacks. These piggies are so well taken care of and are very personable. Also arrived were 5 hamsters, they were breeding non-stop and thankfully they arrived since a female was mixed in with the boys. On Sunday, Ray helped with a surrender while I worked, 14 degus and a bunny named Benjamin were also brought to us. Their owner became disabled, and taking care of them proved to be too much. It was later on that day when I started to feel the effects of coming down with something, from there on , I have been too ill to do anything else. I am hoping to be back to myself soon and get back on track.

1 comment:

DragoninKnots said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful organization! Thanks for taking care of all these adorable lil'uns!