Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Streak has left the building


Let me start out by saying that , today began with me working, and it was a really long, busy, and frustrating day for me. But I got home, sat down and watched a half hour of TV with the cats to calm my nerves a little bit then listened to the messages on the answering machine. There was one message, and it was Amanda , a past hamster adopter(er), looking to adopt another hammie. Called her back and then she stopped by, she wasn't too far from our house. And, wow, we had so much fun with the hamsters and the cats and everyone else, I gave her the tour of who we have right now and their stories. The whole thing and Amanda herself really brightened my day. Now I have the good mood and energy to clean cages and spend time with all the rescues. I'm always afraid that if I am in a foul mood or tired that they will pick up on that and even have it rub off on them in some way. I like to be happy and bushy-tailed and giving off pleasant signals as I am working with the rescues. Work is the only thing that really gets me down and exhausted these days. If only that extra money and pay check wasn't needed, .. one can wish.... maybe some day I could go to part time or even quit and rescue full time, who knows. I take each day at a time.


This story is leading up to Amanda adopting Streak, the male Chinese dwarf hamster. Streak had been bought as a child's pet, and that child lost interest in him and wasn't caring for him anymore, so he wound up here. I know Amanda will always be interested in him, and will care for him, spoil him, and smother him with love :)


Maybe Amanda should visit more often, after a bad day of work, she seems to be the right anecdote to a lousy day at work.

No comments: