Sunday, January 13, 2008

Many adoptions today and Pirates

The day didn't start out too well, I have a medical condition called Vasa Vagal Syncope. I was at work and my blood pressure dropped very suddenly, and I nearly passed out a couple of times. Work let me leave early, and Ray picked me up since I am unable to drive like that. It was many hours before I felt back to normal. Ray helped me out with the first adoption we had scheduled for the day, while I still lay in bed :( Americana the ferret was adopted, Americana who recently lost her cage mate to lymphoma was adopted into a home that has a single male ferret seeking a friend as well. His name is Joey. Don't worry, Americana is spayed , so there won;t be any babies made in this mix. Just two lonely ferrets needing the company of their own kind. I wish them both luck and hope to hear an update soon that they are doing well and have bonded quickly to each other.
I will write all about the rest of the adoptions tomorrow. Right now, Ray and I are going to watch Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End . All the pets are already tucked in for bed. The nocturnal critters ( rats, hamsters, etc)are exploring and running in their wheels. And I gave the sugar gliders their fresh food since they are nocturnal too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Rachel, please take care of yourself. I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you, and I'll be praying for you.

small pet rescue said...

Thank you Barb,
I'll be okay though, I have had this "condition" for over 10 years now, I was a senior in high school when it started. It took the doctors a long time to find out what was wrong and diagnose me, but I am on meds now that controls it for the most part. Before the meds my blood pressure would drop once or twice a day. Now it is once or twice a month. And when it does drop it is temporary, I am grateful for that :)

furbabiesxoxo said...

Hi I just found this when I was googling hamster rescues. I recently had my two baby girl hamsters zoe and chloe pass on and I have all their stuff left over and I am trying to find somewhere to donate it to. My local shelter doesn't adopt out hamsters that often so they don't need it. Do you need any supplies or do you know somewhere that does? let me know!

small pet rescue said...

Hello furbabies,
We would love and appreciate any hamster supply donations. You bring them ever to us , or drop it off if we are not home, at our location 4 Wellworth Place, Cheektowaga, NY 14225. Thank you so much.
I am sorry for your loss of Zoe and Chloe