Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Poinsettia's babies

Today, Poinsettia's ( the Momma rat) babies, particularly the boys, greeted me at the front of their cage this morning. This is a first for them! Normally they are hiding somewhere, too shy to come out. They did run and hide when I opened the door, but them greeting me while I was in front of the cage is a huge step forward to loosing their nervousness and skittishness. The last group of rat babies is now old enough to be on their own, soon I will take pictues and have them on Petinder, but first I need to come up with nine names, there are more females in this litter :)
Poinsettia herself will soon be adoptable, I will give her some time to recover and relax from all that baby rearing. I am also debating whether we should spay Poinsettia, I'll have to ask Dr.T how long she'll need in between having her last babies taken away and being spayed. I am sure she'll need some time in between these two things. We will also need to save up funds. Yesterday 2 male sugar gliders were neutered, and Almond and Cashew the bunnies were neutered, plus , Ava and Pizzazz the bunnies were spayed. It was a good chunk of money ( well worth it too) and we'll need to start saving a bit before Poinsettia can be spayed. I am happy to say that everyone came through their surgeries wonderfully. In a few weeks time they will all be adoptable.
Now I need to call someone back about a bunny she just found outside, this person is unable to keep the bunny but couldn't bear to see the little one left outside. Poor little bun :(

No comments: