Wednesday, April 16, 2008

JoJo, Boris and Natasha, Pumpkin Pie, new hamsters and guinea pigs




This will be a happier post for today. Although my heart still weeps over the loss of Treasure.
JoJo the Quaker parrot who arrived sometime in January, right after we arrived back from our Florida vacation, found her forever home last Monday. My cousin, his fiance and 2 daughters drove here from Corning , NY. The Fiance , Dina loved JoJo from the start, and it was apparent the feeling was mutual. JoJo has always showed behavior at being a one person bird , but she went right to Dina, she stepped up, perched on her shoulder and gave her kisses. She happily bobbed her head up and down and cooed and purred, and she laughed when they laughed. She even gave the daughters kisses and let them pet her head. JoJo choose them , that's for sure, I have never seen her so happy, it made me tear up. The two daughters scrunched into the back seat of the car while JoJo was strapped in the back seat with her cage. She made a safe trip to Corning where she is home now. Since JoJo is with family I can easily keep in touch with her and how she is doing:)
Boris and Natasha were also adopted last week Monday. A male and female pair , their owners were moving to Texas and couldn't bring them along with. A ferret loving gentleman in PA was searching for a brother and sister pair, I let him know about Boris and Natasha. he also fell in love with them. Boris's playful , bouncy nature and Natasha's easy going , cuddly nature. It is a shame that I didn't take any pictures of Boris , Natasha or JoJo. I did not place them on Petfinder at all, we received calls looking for them before I even took pictures. I regret not taking any before they left. I will request some pictures from their new families.
Yesterday , Pumpkin Pie the hamster found his home too. he was waiting for his loving family for a while. His litter mates had been adopted but not him :( A wonderful couple came to see him and loved his adorableness , fluffy fur and the way he cleaned himself in the palm of their hands. I do have a picture of him , I will place it in this post.
Two new guinea pigs arrived today, Claire and Juliette. They are both females ( I am sure you can tell by the names) They were a gift for a little girl and she developed bad allergies to them. They are only 5 months old. I will get them in to see Dr.T or Dr.Fijas , make sure they are healthy before we place them up for adoption. Also arrived are 5 hamsters, all from accidental litters. We have Mom, 3 daughters and 2 sons. I haven't come up with names for them yet.
We have also uploaded pictures of the sugar gliders, June Bug, Belle, Max, Mikey, Gus and Spike. The two turtles, Razz and Rosebud. And two dwarf hamsters Skippy and Alex. All of them will be added to petfinder very soon. I'll add a photo of super cuteness, two gliders snuggling together, Belle and June Bug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. For everything you have done and will continue to in this organization, thank you.