Friday, May 30, 2008

Blaze, Memorial Day and May the guinea pig




I am so very sorry that I haven't updated in a while, it has been a busy week. Last Friday was Lucy's wake, and then afterwards Ray and I went out for some pie with my Aunt and cousins. I had banana cream in case anyone wanted to know. Saturday was the funeral, and it was very emotional and hard on everyone. Even the priest spoke of how shocked he and everyone was over Lucy's passing, then he spoke of Lucy's wonderful character and her selflessness, everyone had tears in their eyes. I am still in disbelief that she is gone...
On Monday we had friends and family over to the house for an outdoor picnic. I was nervous that it was going to rain, but thankfully the weather held out and it was nice. I set up the exercise pen outside and had our own guinea pigs in it, Yabbo and Prince, I'll add a picture of that.
Blaze the guinea pig was adopted. He now has a nice family and home and a male guinea pig he is friends with. Here is a picture of him.
May , April and Zoey the female guinea pigs and Ace and Gizmo the male guinea pigs are now in a foster home while they await being adopted. Foster Mom, Andrea let us know that May had peed a bit of blood so off to the vet she went. She saw Dr.Fijas, He felt around her abdomen area and she did squeal in discomfort when he touched her bladder area. He told us it could be one of three things; a tumor, stones or a urinary tract infection. We were nervous about it being a tumor or stones since she is 5 years old, making her a risk for surgery. We started with X-rays which revealed no stones or tumor, Whew! A urine sample showed us that she indeed has a urinary tract infection. Her foster Mom is now treating her with Baytril twice a day and May should be tip top in no time, she is in great health for her age :)
I am not sure if I wrote about the two new gerbil arrivals , Rogue and Storm. They had been abandoned at a Petco store. We also have new chinchilla arrivals; Molly, Lilly and Skye. They will be adoptable and on Petfinder very soon.
I just added the Mom rabbits , Sierra and Chelsea to Petfinder. They have recovered from their spay surgeries , no more scares from Chelsea, she is all healed and back to herself. I am also adding some hamsters to Petfinder too, the group of unwanted babies ; Aqua, Splash, Scuba and Bubbles the boys- Wren, Dove, Robin, Pigeon, Swan and Raven the girls.
That's all for now, I promise to keep up better from now on.

No comments: