Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guinea pigs at the vet


Here is what happened at the vet with Prince, Yabbo and Blaze the guinea pigs. Prince's fur loss on his belly doesn't seem to be anything bad at all, Dr.Fijas did a skin scrape and took some fur and nothing bad showed up. There are many short nubby furs which could be fur that has been barbered ( by himself) or fur growing back in. I am to keep an eye on Prince's belly, and so far it looks better, not at all worse. Yabbo's eye was damaged, it seems he somehow perforated the cornea of his eye, I don't know how. He now has antibacterial eye drops to go in his eye twice a day. Blaze has an ear infection, he now has antibacterial drops to go in his ear twice a day.

Ritz the hamster was adopted on Friday, his new Mom is located in PA, she has other hamsters in her home too. Two female degus were adopted too. Ray helped with the adoption since I was at work, and he told me that one of the girls got loose and hid under the washing machine. But all is well, Ray moved the machine and her new Mom was able to retrieve the slick little girl. I guess she got a little spooked.

I just gave all of the 11 baby bunnies a pedicure, their nails weren't too long just getting a bit sharp. One of the boys has some fur loss by his neck just behind the ears, and their is some scabbing and scratch marks, which could be from him itching. I already have an appointment for him to be seen by Dr.Fijas on Thursday at 10AM.

I have also named the new hamsters. The girls are - Wren, Raven, Swan, Robin, Dove and Pigeon ( bird theme there) and the boys are- Bubbles, Splash, Aqua and Scuba ( water theme)

Here is a picture of newly adopted Ritz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick "hi"....I still check in with you every couple of days to see what's going on. I always enjoy the "goings on". More cute pics, too.....good job Rachel.