Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Family Loss, Chelsea and Gerbils

Today my family lost a very special and important member. She was my Mom's cousin and my Godmother, she was always there for every one of us. Her passing was a shock to us all, there didn't seem to be anything wrong beforehand. I was floored when I heard the news from my Mom and my emotions ran wild, from shock to utter sadness to denial. But hearing my Mom crying so broken hearted made it real even though all I thought was , " How could this be?" The whole family will be grieving for Lucy, she was always one of a kind, and we may never stop feeling the loss. She also donated every month to Life Long Tails, she was a big supporter to what Ray and I have started and have continued.. that's how she was , she supported everything within the family, she was the strength that always held us together. It's hard to write "was" when it comes to Lucy , she was just here yesterday. She will be missed more than words can express.
Chelsea the bunny started eating and drinking by the next morning after her spay surgery. She was still a little off all day, not as active , not eating quite as much as she normally would. Today , though, she is back to herself completely.
We have 2 new arrivals, they are female gerbils. There is a black one with a bit of white on her head, her name is Rogue. And an all black one, her name is Storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy. Please know that my thoughts are with you, Ray, your mother, and your whole family. How terribly sad.
Hugs to all.