Monday, May 19, 2008

Sierra and Chelsea Spayed and Marsh Adopted




I am pleased to announce that all three guinea pigs that saw Dr.Fijas last week are doing fantastic. Prince's fur has grown back in completely, Yabbo's eye looks nearly perfect and Blaze's ear looks clean and he is done with is medicine. Someone is coming to see Blaze tomorrow, it is possible he may have a new home and family.
Marsh the Syrian hamster was adopted today. He's a bit of a nervous little guy, he squirms and tried to jump from your hands. His new Mom is understanding of his behavior and needs. It is quite possible that Marsh will calm down and become comfortable with being handled by his new Mom, he'll get that extra one on one attention and TLC he needs and deserves.
The two Mom bunnies Sierra and Chelsea were spayed today. When they arrived home after their surgery , I was surprised at how groggy they still were from the anesthesia. Sierra has really perked up tonight and has even eaten some fresh mountain grass. But Chelsea remains in one spot looking uncomfortable and hasn't touched any food, even the fresh leafy greens. I will be giving them both their pain meds very soon, I hope this will help Chelsea feel better, enough that she will drink and eat. If she doesn't eat by the morning, I will call Dr.T , she may need reglan and some force feeding of critical care to get her back to her normal self. Let's hope she bounces back after the pain medicine.
Here are some pictures of Marsh.

1 comment:

jessica lynn said...

Marsh is a great addition to my family. He has overcome his jumpiness if that's even a word. I love him so much and we have truely bonded. Thanks Rachel for trusting me enough to think I could give him a good home. I really am grateful to you. YOu do great things for creatures that not everyone thinks deserve a second chance.