Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jack and Jill

A couple weeks ago, a bonded pair of lop eared bunnies arrived at Life Long Tails Small Pets-Big Hearts small pet rescue. They are male and female, and they are spayed and neutered. Their names are Jack and Jill. I have a bad feeling that it will take a long time to find a good home for these beautiful buns. For three reasons- 1.) they are completely black, both are black and identical to each other. Back rabbits are often overlooked , just like black dogs and cats. 2.) They are large. They must be 8 to 9 pounds. I will be making them a vet appointment tommorrow, then I will know for sure how much they weigh. 3.) They are older. They are 6 to 7 years old. Although rabbits can live from 10 to even 13 years, with good care and being altered. I know most people are looking for young bunnies or even babies.
These big buns are very sweet. They love being petted and are even calm about being picked up. I love rubbing their ears, they close their eyes in contentment. Then they stretch out all relaxed and sleep.
I hope someone will open their heart to a couple of wonderful bunnies that, otherwise, could be waiting for a loving home for a very long time. I will post pictures of them as soon as get some.

No comments: