Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New hamsters, Eva and Carly



Today we took in 7 female dwarf hamsters. They came from a family that didn't know males from females, once they learned how to tell the difference, many babies were already born. They found homes for all the boys, but couldn't find homes for the 7 girls. Six of them are all black but one is grey. I haven't thought of any names for them yet.
Sara's 5 babies are growing like weeds and remain strong. I am happy to report that they are thriving. I have my fingers crossed that it will continue that way.
On Sunday, Eva the Winter White dwarf hamster was adopted. And so was Carly , the female guinea pig. Eva came to us with 4 other hamsters, Hefner the male and 3 other females. They were all in a box together. Thankfully, Hefner did not get Eva or any of the other girls pregnant. Eva found a nice home with someone who has always loved hamsters. Carly was adopted by someone who was with Eva's new Mom. She is introducing her to another girl piggie she has at home.
Pictured above is Eva :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, does this mean 23 dwarfies/winter whites in all? Whatever the case, I have decided I can foster EIGHT girls! :-) I will start setting up and preparing. Hugs & blessings!

Warmly,
Paula in Binghamton