Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Explorer

I just checked on the baby rabbits, and my heart dropped when I saw only 4 in the box. One white one was missing , but I couldn't find him anywhere in the box. I started to rummage around in the pen and then saw the blankets moving around. Underneath was the baby :) He doesn't have his eyes open yet, but he was crawling and holding his head up. I placed him back with his siblings, he needs to be there when it is feeding time.
Everyone is enjoying their fresh veggies, fruits and cereals that people have donated. They are eating healthy. I love watching them munch on the food with delight. Thank you to everyone who has donated.
Jules the geriatric rat was very energetic today. He climbed onto the door of his cage, then climbed all the way to the top of the critter nation cage. He looked down at me and asked " How do I get back down, now?" I gathered him up and gave him some scratches, then back inside. I am proud of the old man's skill :)
Tomorrow we are expecting two guinea pigs and another old rat that , Kitty, our volunteer is picking up for us. And someone is stopping by to meet and maybe adopt Harold and James the rats.

No comments: