Thursday, October 11, 2007

BML, groceries and Clyde


I am eating an Oreo cakester right now, and WOW, are they good! Very addicting too.
We did get the dryer fixed, it is working properly now. Fagan's (head tilted rabbit) pen was cleaned out really good last night and I brushed him, he is shedding like a wild man. There was so much fur on the ground after I brushed him that when Ray, the hubby, came downstairs and saw it he said " Who exploded!" I had to tell him that all the fur was just from Fagan.
Yesterday Clyde the sugar glider was neutered. We can't have him impregnating Bonnie. He did seem less active last night, probably sore, but he is eating and drinking. Bonnie's eye looks really good, it is clearing up. It seems like there will always be a white speck at the center where the actual corneal damage took place. I will make an appointment with Dr.T to evaluate what her vision will be from that eye, whether or not she is totally blind in that eye.
If all goes well, Both Bonnie and Clyde should be adoptable in a week or two.
I just went grocery shopping, and yes, as always , most of what I bought was for the pets and rescues. Lots of veggies and greens and fruits. I got tofu and baby foods. Most of the healthy food was for them , while Ray and I eat junk food, like Oreo Cakesters. I also stopped by Jo-ann Fabrics and bought 4 yards of fleece. I have been giving the hamsters and rats fleece to hide in and cuddle in. They like to sleep in it. If I had sewing talent I'd make hammocks and stuff with the fleece, but I really was a home Ed failure in school. I've just been cutting out pieces of it and laying it down in their cages to crawl into.
I have been hearing about great success with the BML diet for sugar gliders. And I have been thinking of switching over to it. I'll discuss it with Dr.T and see what he thinks of this diet. Here is a link to what this diet consists of http://exoticpets.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=exoticpets&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isga.org%2Finformationcenter%2FHealthIssues%2Fanatomicalbreakdown1.htm I'll have to go grocery shopping again , I didn't buy all those ingredients while I was there. There are always errands to run.
The picture is of Tator Tot walking onto some fleece

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oreo Cakesters ARE good!