Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fagan and finches


I am afraid that Fagan is still not doing well. He went to see Dr.Fijas on Thursday and nothing was found wrong with him just like the last time he shut down on us. He trimmed his teeth down , but he told me they weren't bad at all, not enough to cause him to not drink or eat anything, and there are no sores or abscesses in his mouth. X-rays were inconclusive, nothing wrong showed up. But he has lost a whole pound! that is lot for a small bunny! I am still giving him critical care and Sub Q fluids, last night as I was giving him this I noticed a lump in him. It doesn' t seem to be attached to anything, not his skin or anything inside, I can move it around all over, but it feels very hard. It wasn't there when we were in to see Dr.Fijas, funny how that happens.

One of the society finches is open mouthed-breathing now, i fear this is a result of them being left outside on a cool evening and exposed, they weren't covered up in any way. I hope we can get him better ASAP. I'll call for the earliest (urgent) appointment for Fagan and the finches ( I'll take them both).

I always fear birds becoming ill that are found outside that is why I always get them checked out and wait quite a while before placing them up for adoption. Honestly, that is true for any pet that is found outside in the elements.
Here is a picture of Bandit, the ferret, laying in between Daddy, Ray's, legs. He just turned 6 and a half years old.

No comments: