Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunday was a sad day




on Sunday morning I went over to greet Fagan, and found that he had passed away during the night. I was not expecting this, he ate his critical care very well the night before. I really thought and hoped he would overcome this like he did before, which was four months ago. He started eating and pooping again like normal. I still cannot believe he is gone. I am in grief over all the losses we have had recently, Jade , Champ, Tawney, Kodiak and now Fagan. Even though many of these guys were very ill and couldn't be treated, I still feel a lot of guilt over so many passing. Our house isn't the same without these guys. We sorely miss Jade's affection and bushy tail, Champ's vocals and outgoing personality, Tawney's purring as we pet him, Kodiak's greeting us as we approach the cage and now dear sweet Fagan. I knew we'd loose some pets as we rescue , especially since we take in rescues for "hospice care" and disabled, special needs ones, but many times I forget how difficult it is to say good-bye.

Here are Fagan pictures

No comments: