Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pyro's adoption and crab cleaning




Today, Pyro the baby water dragon was adopted. His new Mom also had adopted a river cooter from us that she named Stella. Their Mom is a herp lover and going to college to become a vet tech.
I just added Preston the rabbit to our petfinder adoptable list. His neutering went well and he is doing great, he is ready for his new home.
Tonight I'll be taking apart and cleaning the 55 gallon hermit crab tank. It is always a huge task, but they need it and it is worth it, it always looks so nice after a good cleaning. I take all the crabs out and let them soak in some salt water while I clean them. I'll clean their extra shells that they move into and add some new ones.
Here are a couple of pictures of the hermit crab tank after a cleaning. The only thing I do differently now is that I add sand in half the tank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL!! you had baby water dragon? that must be fun to look after. i thought that there was no such thing...