Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Alvin's adoption


Here's Alvin! Yesterday , handsome gerbil boy, Alvin, was adopted. Alvin was brought to us because he was a kid's pet and the kids didn't want him anymore. He has been our very first gerbil rescue and adoption, there haven't been any other gerbils in the house before. His new Mom, Kathryne drove a distance to meet Alvin and I do believe it was love at first sight. Alvin was a tad shy at first, but it didn't take him long to venture out and scoot into Kathryne's hand. He's such a charmer , he's too much :)
We have a new foster home and foster family helping us out. Mom, Dawn and her little boy, I am so bad I have forgotten his name, strike one for me. Wonderful people and a great kid. They picked up a bunch of the hamsters from the big amount we received on Sunday. She took home 3 of the cages , and she'll be giving them lots of TLC until they find their forever homes. This helps me with the load of cages I'll need to clean, and makes more room for us for more rescues. I love foster families .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you are the best! I have 3 grown boys ~ I always wanted a daughter, but never had one. If I did have one, I would want her to be just like you. Reading your blog starts my day out right.