Thursday, November 8, 2007

Birthday :)




Oh yes, tomorrow is my birthday, I am turning the big 30! ahh, but I have such a happy and enriched life, with Ray and the animals ( mostly the animals, but don't tell Ray I said that , HA!) I can't even begin to express how much pets and animals in my life means to me. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to care for and make animals feel better. I remember I was never happy going into someone's house that didn't have any pets, it never felt right to me. From the very beginning to the end, animals will always be a part of me.


Yesterday was a tragic day. Hyde the rat became seriously ill. Hyde was about 2 years old and always had his health issues. Just recently though he developed tumors in his nasal cavity and head area. These tumors either grew or multiplied or both , his head became swollen and he had difficulty even breathing. Foster Mom Dawn F, has been fostering Hyde for many months and she rushed our boy to see Dr.T. At Hyde's age surgery wasn't an option, there was no chance of him making it through such a procedure. It was in Hyde's best interest to have him put to sleep. He was suffering and in a great deal of pain and discomfort. I know it broke Dawn's heart to make such a decision and to say good bye, but it was the right thing to do and she did so many wonderful things for Hyde. He may not have had a great start in life, his previous owner didn't take good care of him, but since he arrived here and with Dawn, he was cherished and loved.


So far, 3 of the 43 hamsters are on Petfinder. Foster Mom, Dawn G takes the best pictures of the little guys :) I love her pictures so much I have asked her if she can be our picture person for the photos needed on Petfinder of all the rescues. Here are a couple of her hamster photos, aren't they spectacular?!


I have had many people let me know that they love this blog and have even bookmarked it. I am very flattered, I don't know what to say, but Thank you for the compliment. I mainly wanted to start a blog to keep everyone in touch with what we do and all the rescues that come in and get adopted out. I am so happy that so many read and enjoy it. I am sorry that there are many sad things, but I feel I don't want to leave anything out, the good and the bad gets added, it is part of rescuing. I promise to continue adding many more stories and happenings, plus pictures , hopefully Dawn's great pictures :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!! I hope it will be a nice day for you.
Also, so sorry to hear about Hyde. When you are living life to the fullest, there is often sunshine and shadow together. It's good to know he was loved.