Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A batch of babies

First off, I do have sad news. The white male dwarf hamster that I was worried about, he was brought to us all lethargic and not responsive.. I had an appointment for him at 4PM on Monday, but sadly he passed away before that time. He sure was cute and I wish we could have helped him, if only he had made it to us sooner, before he was so acutely sick. *sighs*
The female that came along with the male, she was bloody and extremely pregnant... She looks a whole lot better, and she had her litter of babies last night. If she had stayed in the same cage with all those other females and males that were beating her up, who knows how bad she would be right now, and she never would have safely had her babies. Right now I'll let her be, I won't disturb anything or count the babies for at least 2 weeks, that is when they will be poking their heads out of the nest and starting to crawl. I'll just fill up her water bottle and provide fresh food while she does her Momma business.
I took a whole bunch of pictures of some hamsters, hopefully some turned out. I took pictures of the babies that just weaned, plus some of the 43 hammies that are still with us here at Life Long Tails. I named some, Pumpkin Pie, Itty, Bitty, Itsy and Honey, Then Marco, Marcus and Nicholas, plus another female I named Paprika. I should have them on Petfinder soon.
I also took loads of cat pictures, mainly Motorman, Martie and Melissa, they were being too cute!
I'll post the pictures as soon as they are downloaded

No comments: