Sunday, November 4, 2007

hamster workout

Whew, I am now exhausted. Besides working all day , I now spent over an hour and half going through the 43 hamsters that were brought to us today. I made sure everyone is in same sex groups and I must say, the previous owner did have them separated by gender perfectly. I placed everyone in clean cages and gave them fresh food, wheels, toys, tubes and a water bottle. The only issues I have noticed is that one has been getting beaten up and has a scabby bloody tail , he is now by himself to heal. And a female has a large lump on her underside and I suspect a mammary tumor. Otherwise, all the hamsters are healthy and look great. I thank anyone who is willing to foster these lil'guys :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I have been dropping in fairly often and reading your blog. I belong to BirdBrainz, and I found out about your site when you posted about it several weeks ago. I think you and your hubby are doing a wonderful job with both the animals and the blog. You are an extremely hard working gal, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to reading about all your work, and I've bookmarked you. :-)
Barb

small pet rescue said...

Hi Barb,
thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, it means so much to me :)
I love all the bird brainz people, everyone is like family there.
I feel awful that I have been MIA at that site for so long, but it feels great to be back