Tuesday, August 14, 2007

progress with Dash


I cleaned out Butterscotch's pen last night. A difficult task for me , knowing that he wasn't going back in it after I was finished. Whenever I cleaned his pen, I let him run around the basement area. He'd go all over and visit with the other rabbit's still in their cages. He'd spend more time at the girl's cages. He would always seem to know when I was finished and he'd hop back in and start eating at his fresh hay and pellets. And I cleaned his cage with him acting this way, his normal self, the day before he became ill. I couldn't believe the sudden onset of visible symptoms, I am still in complete disbelief about the whole thing.


Dash is our adoptable guinea pig that was brought to us as a very skittish , nervous and shy piggy. Today we made some progress. I brought him out of his cage and cradled him in my arms for a bit, and just pet and stroked him gently, I could tell that his little body relaxed. Then I placed him on the couch. before, he would scurry away when I approached or tried to pet him. He wasn't too sure about me going up to him. Today he stayed right where he was while I pet him, and he even made mouth movements and coo noises, showing true relaxation and pleasure. He even let me pick him up without having to chase him down and making him so nervous and scared. I am so pleased that he is more relaxed and enjoying life now. And yes, I love him, how can I not fall for this guy too.


I took pictures of Dash on the couch but they aren't uploaded yet. Here is another view of Butterscotch in his pen. I miss him dearly.

No comments: